cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rsantus
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP T620 & Smartcard redirection over RDP won't work

HP Recommended
HP T620
Linux

Hi,

Our organization has its servers and workstations running on a virtual environment over Hyper-V with Windows 2012 R2.

To the moment we have about 70 thin clients HP T610 running windows 7 embedded loading the RDP client from where our colleagues log into their virtual machines. Those machines run well and the smart cards are redirected with no problem.

Last week we received 80 new thin clients T620 and I'm testing the OS ThinPro 5.2.0 build 11.

I'd like to use this OS which I believe to be more reliable, however I can't seem to redirect the smartcard readers (HP Keyboards KUS0133) to the virtual machines.

On USB Manager / Classes we have enabled the option Smart Card.

On USB Manager / Devices we have enabled the option Hewlett-Packard - HP USB CCID Smartcard Keyboard

However the device smartcard still won't be listed on the device manager from my virtual machine.

I have also tried 2 other smart card readers and none is redirected.

I have explored the registry keys (regeditor on x-terminal) and tried enabling and disabling some options regarding smartcards but had no success until now.

Captura de tela 2015-07-09 14.05.51.png 

I'd like to use ThinPro but we must have smart card redirection working properly.

Is there something I might be missing? Can someone help us on this issue?

Thank you so much,

Ricardo Santos

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
pwnahg
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you had any luck with this?  I'm having the exact same problem with smart card redirection. No matter what settings I try it will not show up on the remote host. 

0 Kudos
rsantus
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not really, sorry, I decided to use Windows 7 embeded.

If you find any solution with ThinPro, please let me know.

Regards,

Ricardo Santos

0 Kudos
ThomasPätzold
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

anybody any news regarding this issue?

Same problem here.

What I'm wondering about is, as this function is obviously some kind of implemented, what are the test scenarios that HP went through (Hardware, working Remote Protocol...)?

0 Kudos
JonasSellstedt
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem... Smart card won't redirect to our Windows 2008 r2 server. Have any of you got an answer to this problem?
I'm only interested in the redirect part, we don't have smart card login yet. 😞 But we do have applications and webpages that rely on smart cards.
If any of HP's thinpro ACE's happens to get a glips of this... Please help!

0 Kudos
Mantobrew
Level 2
28 21 1 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with usb drives and RDP sessions. I ended up running easy update a few times and got the FREERDP client from version 8 up to version 10 and then usbs redirected perfectly

This was with T420's  and thinpro

0 Kudos
ThomasPätzold
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do you find the freerdp version in this notation?

For me it gives the following (bash or System Information):freerdp_version.PNG

Which matches with https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/blob/master/ChangeLog

0 Kudos
Mantobrew
Level 2
28 21 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ours show 1.1.1-hp10.42 and it started at 1.1.1-hp8.42

I just ran easy update a few times to update it

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation