Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TJ12345 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Total Care Advisor doesn't work after update

HP Pavillion Elite m9351.uk desktop. Vista 64bit

I was in the microsoft automatic update site and it said there was an update to one of my drivers available, so I went on the HP TCA thing nd did a system check. It came back with an update to the TCA available, so I clicked it and whatever I updated won't install and TCA does not now work.

The error messages are:

'HP Active Support Library Error:

Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action'

I clicked ok to that message and then got:

'Feature Transfer Error:

Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.'

After getting these messages the first time I re-clicked TCA and got a message saying it may not have installed correctly, and did I want to try again with the reccomended settings. I selected this option and the same error messages appeared.

Please help, as I am not good with computers, that is why I went on to the TCA after seeing the update on the microsoft site.

Anyone else see the irony in the TCA not working. When I bought this PC I thought the TCA was just what I needed to help me out. Ah well.

Thanks in advance.

TJ12345

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES
TJ12345 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A bit of an update and further information.

If I now click the TCA icon it opens, so I'm able to see that it was the PC Health Check that I ran.

I've run it again and get the same update info - Update to Health Check Version 3.1.6.1.

If I click on that again I get the same error messages, but I've not had the warning that it didn't install correctly and do i want to try again with the recommended settings. I think tha was a windows vista information window.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
1033 33 154
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

www.hp.com

go to the driver and download providing the model of your computer

and look for the updates for you computer

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
0 Kudos
Professor Professor
Professor
2169 101 355
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi TJ12345,

I'm a little confused. Can you help clarify for me?

Did the problem cure itself?

Are you still getting errors? If so which ones specifically?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (2)
TJ12345 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry I've not responded, but I've been away with work.

I had contacted HP support in the meantime and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

From your email, I understand that your HP Pavilion Elite m9351.uk Desktop PC  is reporting an error message "Error 2738 and Error 1603".

I appreciate that you have forwarded your concerns and have given me a chance to assist you with this matter. I will certainly assist you in this regard.

The issue may occur when trying to install HP Health Check.

To isolate and resolve the issue, I recommend you to follow the web link given below to resolve the issue:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01146190

Instead of providing information in a text format, we are referring you to this web site where the same information is explained with graphics.

The above information should be helpful to you. If you have any further queries or you need further assistance, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to assist you further."

I've not had chance to try it out yet, but this looks promising. I'll report back when I've been able to give it a try.

Thanks for all the replies.

Message Edited by TJ12345 on 02-01-2009 03:02 PM
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
127 5 15
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try uninstalling HP Health Check.  In the add/remove programs area, its called HP Active Support Library.  If you cannot uninstall it, there are several programs out there to remove it like, Your Uninstaller 2008.  

I believe the upgrade might have caused an error between 3.1.6.1. to 3.1.X.1  Try downloading the app here.  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-63359-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈... 

Message Edited by blew888 on 02-07-2009 01:06 AM
Message Edited by blew888 on 02-07-2009 01:50 AM
0 Kudos
Laalee Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Congrats!!  We all have the same problem!!

Google "HP error 2739 total care advisor update" and up will come solutions.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
133 1 11
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmmmm, seems as I understand it that this program and support are to insure the operation of your PC. That you pay a fee for it. The irony appears to be that you have not called them.
0 Kudos
dvdw305 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution if you have Vista 64bit OS then you must:

first open cmd prompt as an administrator then:

1.) cd c:\Windows\SysWOW64

2.) regsvr32 jscript.dll

3.) regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Message Edited by dvdw305 on 09-23-2009 07:44 PM
Message Edited by dvdw305 on 09-23-2009 07:45 PM
* (Step Number 3  I believe is the original culprit but you can do no damage simply re-registering .dll files)
 the message above this one is dumb
Message Edited by dvdw305 on 09-23-2009 08:39 PM
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation