Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520-106uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi i have a problem with an HP TouchSmart 520-106uk it freezes on start up at the hp screen and when i try to push esc when told to ,nothing happens .

i have tried to replce memory no luck ,tried to replce hard drive no luck ,i have even replaced the cpu with another one of the same type(core i3 (2120) .is the motherboard srcewed! if so i,ll bin it .

any ideas as to what to do i,m running out of ideas and google is useless to put it politely.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi darren1970

The only components left to check are:

1.  External Power Supply

2. Graphics ( can't find the PC, integrated graphics failure equals a bad motherboard)

3. Motherboard or corrupted  BIOS.

Have you tried a boot with no RAM installed to see if the system will produce an error code? 

Have you tried pulling the motherbaod battery to see if CMOS will reset?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi yes tried to boot minus the ram and it just bleeps(not sure how many times as i can't be bothered to take it to bits again) ,and bios battery has  been replaced.no luck on either.

i have checked the power supply and replaced it same result, ithink the motherboard is fooked!!

as for corr upt bios  i have no idea how to sort that out .

regards  darren

HP Recommended

Hi darren

You have done all that can be done.

Nice work.

No point in replacing the motherboard.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Is there anything that can be done with it before i play "football" with it?

HP Recommended

Hi darren

If you are out of warranty HP will charge you to fix. HP would probably replace the motherboard.

You have replaced every component you could with no luck.

Take the PC to a local tech for a post-mortem diagnosis. It may be less expensive.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Too much hassle i'll stipped it for bits ie cpu ram hdd etc then depending on how drunk i am i,ll have some fun with it .cheers for your help though.

Its taught me a lesson never buy hp all-in-ones there useless .

regards darren

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.