cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xplorechess
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP TouchSmart IQ500 microphone not working

HP Recommended
IQ500
Windows 8.1

I recently upgrade my HP TouchSmart to Windows 8.1 64 bit from Vista. Since the upgrade the microphone does not work.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 451 1,229
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @xplorechess,

I understand that since updating your HP TouchSmart IQ500.it Desktop PC to Windows 8.1 your microphone is not working. This is probably due to the fact that as there are no Windows 8.1 drivers listed for your computer on the HP TouchSmart IQ500.it Desktop PC Drivers page you must me using Windows generic drivers. As the drivers you are using are not specifically designed for your hardware there may be some loose of functionality. I suspect that your audio input is not supported under Windows 8.1 and that is why it is not working.

The only way of knowing for sure would be to recover back to factory and see if the microphone works again if it does you know you will not be able to use your microphone under Windows 8.1 unless you upgrade your hardware.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
BillGates3
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A completely useless response from an HP Support Agent that adds insult to injury by finishing "I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!".

Elsewhere a user has provided the solution (worked well for me):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-10-8-8-1-SoundMax-Microphone-Fi...

Sad that HP don't bother to add that link here.

PS: Why do you have that quote in your sig: "Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong."?

Yes, they do.  Ironic, or what?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation