cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DryBry31
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Touchsmart 520-1065

HP Recommended

Anyone had problems with the beats audio? as i try to open it up a message comes up Cannot Find Start up file. What do i do?

Any advice would be great thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,180 83 130
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DryBry31:

Open up your recovery manger. Select reinstall software go down the list until you have found it. Then select and click next. My Touchsmart 600-1050 does not have that feature. My HP DV7-6135dx does but it is not working at this present time. In the mean time you can make sound adjustment using windows media player's equalizer just in case you are not able to find beats audio in recovery list. Windows media player does the same thing as beats audio does. Long as your speakers are working. Some times HP hides software with in other software making it harder to find.

Hopefully an expert comes arround and tells you how to find it and reinstall it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DryBry31
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey thank you for your response i have had a look in my recovery manager but nothing for beats audio. It is like it has just disappeared completely. How can a start up file not be on here when it was on here when i first turned it on and now its gone.

Well thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated.

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,180 83 130
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DryBry31:

Ah you said it is in start up. Wow you know the triangle by sound and clock. Click on it when the icon window opens up. Click on customise. Now you will find it listed go over to next collum and change it to Show icon and notification. Just click on the black triangle to do this. On my computer it is called  Realtek HD Audio Manger. Yours is Beats Audio. You can also find it this as well. In all program search box. Type in Beats any of your files with the word beats will display above in list. I found a file beats audio on my computer I clicked on to see what was in it. Just Beats Audio Icons. Because my computer doesn't have Beats Audio sound software. I take that back it does have it. I just found it trying to help you by doing what wrote. I click on sound manger in Realtex icon list. here it is. Just open up sound manager. Either Beats Audio or Realtek HD Audio manger will be listed.

Now you are all set now have fun. frrw

My laptop has a different looking program on it. Is still found the same way.

DryBry31
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey thanks for your response. I emailed HP and they said i had to go into the Hardware Driver Intalation and reinstall IDT High Definition Audio. I have done this and have got Beats Audio back sucessfully. Thanks for your help on this anyway. Much appreciated

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation