Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Schulzcpa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Update - HP Update Software Utility

I have a HP Pavilion a6050y CTO Desktop PC running Windows Vista.  I have the HP Update reminder coming up each week and I do the update; usually no changes.  About a week ago, it came up with HP Update Software Utility, a 3.1 MB update that it says "is a software utility that delivers and installs drivers, fixes and critical software updates for computers and HP products.  Install HPU on your computer and the software proactively notifies you when an update is available."  It has a box that defaults to checked (to install) and I leave that alone and click next to install.  It download and says it installs and then closes.  Yet when I log in the next time, same update is back again.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES
willis-weber Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having  the problem. it seem to down load but will not install. no error messages.

0 Kudos
Schulzcpa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good news, I think, for you.  I just kept doing it and eventually it stopped.

Hope you get the same result.

0 Kudos
Tess Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having problem with this also.  I have been clicking on it to install, but it still does not seem to install.. still appearing.  Have anyone heard or found out why this is happening??

0 Kudos
camretiree Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also having problem.. HP Advisor shows PC Alert, "critical".  When I click on "run selected updates" i get a pop-up Batch Update Confirmation...saying "error handling messages". Cannot download it either.

0 Kudos
tarletonguy Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK.  I'm having the exact same issue.  Can no one from HP review these forums and offer even a suggestion for a solution?

0 Kudos
neliouk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had that same problem but it is now solved. I found that you can download a brand new HP Advisor Software from HP website and the link is as follows: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-7... I have done this and basically it removes your current HP Care software and replaces it with a brand new version. This new update will also have a different name: HP DOCK, and once downloaded it will appear on windows START MENU (as HP DOCK). When you open it for the first time you will see that BATCH UPDATE CONFIRMATION & PC ALERTS - ERROR HANDLING MESSAGES problems have now disappeared.

This HP ADVISOR download will work with VISTA or any of the following:

Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Starter 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Edition

0 Kudos
neliouk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your new HP DOCK will the look like this (which under settings you can place it at the top or bottom of your screen):

0 Kudos
Tess Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone found out a solutions to the HP Update Software Utility issue??

No this is not the verison in regards to the HP Dock I already have that installed.  This has to do with the continous pop up for HP Update Software Utility (size 3.1 mb ) that it appears to installed once you click on install.  I think I found it in HP website for the HP Update Software Utility, however, I am not sure if that is the same verison that we are still seeing poping up. 

If you are still having problems, I finally solved mine... Forgot I had the same problem with an older verison when I was getting an internal error 2739...

Try this...

1. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
3. At the Command Prompt type the command cd %windir%\system32
4. Then type the command "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and hit enter
5. Now type the command "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and hit enter.

0 Kudos
trm1944 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't see any place in settings where you can change the location of the HP Dock on the desk top.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation