cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PeterSmith427
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Update fails every time (Install Cancelled issue)

Pavillion (from 2008) desktop
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

For years now I have been receiving every (couple of?) months the following message from HP Update

Urgent: HP Update fix for "Install Cancelled issue" ! (indicates critical) 512.6 KB 10.3 Sec

Every time I tell it to go ahead it downloads the program QF0082001_3.exe

When I tell Vista to allow the program to run, it always comes back with the message

I have tried sending feedback to HP but it never changes.

Is there any way to fix this or stop it trying to make this update

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
24,034 22,381 1,918 7,046
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Update fails every time (Install Cancelled issue)

@PeterSmith427

If you are actually talking about the HP Update application, you can adjust the settings:

Open HP Update:  Start / Windows key > Search and Open HP Update

Control notification options:

HP Update >  Settings Check Notify me before checking web for Updates >

Check Every (and select when)

OR

Check Never > OK

HP Support Assistant can also be subdued -- you can delete unwanted updates and / or view and delete messages -- or set to Notify and remove the HPSA from the Taskbar (Use Search to find and open the program when you want to use it).

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Updates – When and How

Sections - various, including:

• HP Update
  • HP Support Assistant

NOTE:   If document links are not active, download / open the PDF file or click to open the document in Word-online (in your browser)

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation