Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Azuri442 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP XW8400 Workstation Bios Update Gone Wrong

XW8400 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey anybody,

Recently I decided that, due to my BIOS being quite old, I'd like to flash a newer one on and see if that made any changes. However on the official HP website the only operating systems available were XP and Vista. I saw that the Vista BIOS was quite recent and thought that the BIOS might work for Windows 7 (my current OS) as well.

Since I've flashed the new BIOS my PC can't connect to my speakers at all, or make any sound. It's also running extremely slowly. I've looked up ways to try and roll back the BIOS but nothing comes up, and I can't seem to download the old BIOS anywhere. What can I do?

Old BIOS: HP 786D5 V02.24

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation