cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
UE2
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Z 840 hard drive upgrade

HP Recommended
Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently acquired an HP Z840 (specs below). 

The machine came with a 1TB hard drive; I'd like to upgrade the boot drive to an SSD (once you've used SSD, it's REALLY hard to go back...).

I can get a nice Samsung 500G SSD rather economically, and know I will need a carrier to install.  My question is, how can I transfer the boot up to the new SSD once i get the drive in?

Ican start fresh (reinstall Windows 10?) if I have to, but was hoping for advice on how to do this withhte least amount of hassle.

Thanks.

Z840

Xeon E5 2620 v4

8 GD Ram

1 TB HDD

HP NVIDIA Quadro K5200 8GB Graphics Card

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,960 42,199 4,644 12,411
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can use the very same method I used to describe migrating an OS to SSD in the notebook section. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-upgrade-my-notebook-to...

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation