Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
asher6 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z240 cannot boot with 16gb RAM

HP z240 SZH3

HP sent a 16gb 2Rx4 PC$-2133P-Ra0-10 seperately with the new PC (HP Z240 SZh3). It came with 8gb RAM. I replaced the 8gb RAM with 16gb RAM but it wont boot. Blinking RED power light which turns to white blinking light. HELP!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
234 35 67
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z240 cannot boot with 16gb RAM

asher6, what do you have installed in the Z240 now?  Did you take out all the 8GB memory DIMMs, and install the 16GB DIMM by itself?  Or are you putting in the 16GB DIMM and still have other memory DIMMs installed?

If you have not done this already, take out all the memory DIMMs and install only the 16GB DIMM in black slot farthest away from the CPU.  Does the system boot with only this DIMM? 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation