cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cripes
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Z420 USB ports inaccessible

HP Recommended
HP Z420

Hi

This is a really strange one, i have a HP Z420, and the USB ports on the rear look fine, but when i go to plug in a USB cable it just doesn't fit. I assume that the casing is somewhat skewed, but it doesn't look like it's been 'tampered' with.   It must be the casing panel - as i can't fit a PS2 cable into the mouse slot, but the keyboard one it fine.

Does anyone have any experience of how to maneuvre this metal plate on the back?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cripes
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, just in case someone has been through this with the Z420 i'm trying to install Windows 7 (CD) on a fresh HDD, but i get the "a media driver your computer needs is missing" error.  The microsoft guidance says the solution could be to transfer the image to a usb drive - but that makes no sense, i have used this disc to load the os in the past i don't see how loading it to USB would be different.  I have CD/DVD as first boot, and disabled USB 3.0 to see if that was the issue - but no change.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation