cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
showt3k Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Z420 Workstation liquid cooling soloution for Intel Xeon E5-1620

I've been having a series of crashes on my Z420 whilst rendering 3D models and generally whilst using the 3D software (cinema 4D). It's using 100% of all 8 cores when rendering and it overheats and crashes, with no notice. I'm wanting to look into the HP liquid cooling solution but I can't find it anywhere online, I've really not got a clue where to get it from and I'm really hoping someone can help me out here by pointing out where to get them because I can't even find anything on the HP site? I'm not willing to alter the affinity of cinema 4D to less cores because I'm told by the IT guy it will just overheat it anyway and it will be at 100% for longer which could lead to huge problems. Oh and software that throttles processes won't work because I'm on windows 7. All help will be massively appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
28010 27540 1807 5032
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

HP does offer liquid cooling for some workstations. You might want to contact HP Support or HP Sales for availability of water cooling for your particular model Z420. Review this manual page 6.

The E5-1620 only has four cores (eight threads using hyperthreading).  Review the above referenced manual page 3.

Check with the application software manufacturer and find out what they suggest for helping with your issue.  Will a processor with more cores help? Are there other ways and technology (SSD or a faster video card, TELSA GPU processor) that will assist with the rendering process?

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
pauzak Tutor
Tutor
19 15 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

same here. Europe..

WHY EVERTHING IS SO RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED with HP? just tired of HP labirynths! whenever I click on chat buttons I'm promped to search via insane complicated ways for products or help on my own. I just need to buy/order the cooling thing.

liquid cooling for 420 (E5-1620) - no pricings found, no options to order online, nothing.

and nobody cares.

showt3k if you managed to get it, please share some info.

showt3k Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP do not sell liquid cooling for their kits, simple as that. I've now moved to Alienware and never looked back. Unparalleled performance and still room to pack it with more power. Not that you need it. 

pauzak Tutor
Tutor
19 15 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

that's one of the solutions I'm going to give a thought. tired of sitting on a mashine every day (from day one) that makes a sound like I'm on a plane. even if I'm just browsing the web.. just silly.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation