Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dave_JC Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Z600 Workstation 203/207 Memory Fault.

Z600 Workstation
Linux

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:

207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1

203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.

The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERR

Diagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.

When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.

I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14671 960 1594
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP Z600 Workstation 203/207 Memory Fault.

Hi @Dave_JC,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, your issue with the Z600 Workstation is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.

If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Click here for details.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation