Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mike44107 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do?

Z600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Z600 and love the machine!  It currently has:

Dual Xeon E5645 (2.4Ghz)  Processors

12GB Ram 

Evga Geforce 1070 SC

Lately I have been gaming a little on the machine because of the 1070 card I have installed.  However, I am noticing slight performance issues with the machine.  I am assuming the processors at this point.  DUe to the fact all spec testing coming back and saying the processors are the minimum requirement's for allot of the games.  (BF4, GTA 5, Doom 2016).  Don't get me wrong.  Doom plays amazing on this machine on nightmare ultra settings on a 1080 screen.  However, there is some slight shuttering and hiccups here and there.

I have read so many different answers to this question and hope I can get a more direct answer.

With a Z600 V1.0 motherboard, what are my faster Xeon processor options? 

I would like an X5690, however, my understanding is that may not be a possibility with my older MB? I have something like V3.11 bios software installed.

Or am I looking at a processor like the X5675?

Thank you for the input!

2 REPLIES
Intern Intern
Intern
39 5 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Hello mike44107,

This is the latest processor your pc supports with the mobo you have:

Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, Turbo

For any other processor you do need to upgrade your motherboard.

Regards,

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
mike44107 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Hi!  Sorry about the late response.  Been very busy!  I just wanted to let you know that I found it the motherboard is a C2 version.  I saw a V1.0 on the motherboard and assumed it was just the first series.  However, later I learned it matter what the Boot Block Date is? Which my is 1/07/10 and from my understanding means it's a newer version.  

Does this change my processor options?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation