Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z800
Other

Hi All,

I have 4 machines  (Three Z800s and one Z620) and all demonstate the same behavio, they shut down without warning after runing for about 1.5 hours. No error messages or beep warnings during startup, no beep warnings prior to shutting down. All fans are running interally.  All  systems are running Windows Server 2012 R2.  

• CPU; Intel Zeon E5645 @ 2.4ghz
  • Ram 12GB

I have 4 other Z800s (same configuration) that do not do this.

Thanks for your assistance,

Lambert

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Compare the bios settings with one of the machines that works oke.

also check driver version and bios version.

My feeling is that your PSU also needs replacement, but not totally sure about that.

Hops it helps.

HP Recommended

I generally find that overheating issues will cause my Z620 to shut down or freeze without warning. I would recommend trying CPUID HWMonitor to see if that's the issue.

CPUID HWMonitor.jpg

A quick check of the intel website states a maximum Tcase temperature of 76.2degC for your CPU.

Tcase = Case Temperature is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS).

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.