Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't know if the port on the monitor is bad or I just don't know what I am doing, but I have a 2 PC setup to this monitor, One is on DVI which works fine and I have a DVI to Displayport cable. No matter what computer it plugs into, the monitor never detects the signal on the cable. (One computer has a Nvida GTX 260 and the other a 9800GT). Any ideas as to why? Maybe I have to set something first?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have exactly same problem... can anyone help in this matter?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

off1c3r,

Check inside the monitor's menu under source control to ensure that the correct input source is selected.

What model HP PC are you using?   What manufacturer's video card are you using?

Only one PC can be active to the monitor. You'll have to switch input source when changing PC input.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hello Big_Dave,

I have Ati Radeon 4870 video card and I have checked from monitor that input is set to display port, but no signal... so is it just that hp zr24w monitor does not support "dvi to display port" cable?

Thanks.

Regards: Mika

HP Recommended

Mikasa,

Be sure that your DVI cable supports digital signals and not analog.

Try the latest ATI driver.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks for quick reply,

cable is: http://www.deltaco.eu/details.aspx?PID=DP-2020 (DisplayPort to DVI-D Single Link monitor cable)

Updated latest Ati Drivers but still no signal.

Regards: Mika

HP Recommended

I just got this monitor and am having the same problem. Cannot get signal when using the displayport.

So far I've tried connecting a early 2011 15" macbook pro using  a mini dp to dp adapter, no go. I just get flickering on and off.

I also tried connecting my pc desktop using an hdmi to dp adapter, it never picks up the signal.

Both are fine with DVI.

This is unacceptable, I want to be able to use both inputs and switch between the two. As a last resort I ordered a new videocard (radeon 6850) that has a displayport connector so that I can use the displayport cable that came with the monitor.

HP Recommended

Looks like a bug to me.  HP, what's your fix?  I have the identical issue: macbook pro detects monitor, but monitor doesn't detect macbook pro via mini dp -> dp on the monitor.  I've disconnected all the other connections to the HP monitor so that displayport is the only input.  This fails on two separate HP zr24w monitors in the same way.

HP Recommended

Same problem here. Using an Nvida Quadro 4000 graphics card and has all the latest drivers. 

The weird thing is, mine is quite intermitent. Sometimes the displayport works fine, other times it doesn't and I need to hook up a DVI. 

Often, when waking from a sleep (when connected via displayport) the monitor never awakens even though the computer does. At that point, I have to flip the power switch on the back of the monitor (the master power switch, not the front button) and that wil solve it.

HP, would be great if you could post a solution!

HP Recommended

I've been having this exact problem. Mainly when waking from sleep. But sometimes when rebooting after a shutdown. I'm on a corporate managed desktop some my options are limited. I'm tech savy but very limited in what I can do on this machine.

This morning after a company pushed update and reboot the monitor could not find a signal. Worked fine with a standard VGA monitor. I tried every trick that had worked in the past, resetting the monitor input, rebooting the machine, etc, etc. The master power switch did the trick. I didn't even realize it was there.

Thank you Chiarov !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.