Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to reply to a previous question, but the thread was marked read-only, hence I am opening a new topic.

On windows 7 x64, I installed SP54516 which upgraded without change to Windows 10 x64.

In device manager, it seems the only drivers are "C:\windows\system32\drivers\monitor.sys" (which is Microsoft Windows 10 x64 standard monitor driver and "C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\HP_ZR2740w.icm (which is just a color profile).

Just extract the folder "Files" from the patch (with Winzip, winrar of 7z) and point Device Manager to that location when installing/updating the driver. 

Driver is version 1.0.0.0 with date 23-Mar-11.  While that is very old, it does not matter since it's just a color profile.

Good luck, sorry for those who had trouble.

Ewald

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

So does this allow me to use the hp zr2740w on my windows 10 using dvi at full resolution?

I downloaded the most current driver for this monitor which is the windows 7 64 bit and I can't get it to work, but don't know if it's even possible to use this monitor on my system (dell pavilion, radeon r7 250 graphics card).

Will this monitor work on my system and if so, could i ask for some clarification on how to get this to work?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes, I am using it at WQHD resolution (2560x1440) @ 60p resolution. With 59p I am getting issues with the Windows 10 anniversary update (black screens with only mouse cursor).  Not sure if this is a windows 10 issue or graphics driver, but I can reproduce the problem.

For resolutions above 1920x1200 it's important that it's a Dual Link DVI cable (if you have DVI out) or active (e.g. USB powered) adapter (HDMI/DisplayPort adapter).  Unfortunately these adapters (e.g. HP DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter  or Original BizLink) don't come cheap (USD 65+), unless you can find a used or refurbished one.

The HP monitor requires a dual 165MHz = 330 Mhz DVI signal, like many other 2K+ monitors.  It's a great monitor if you can make it work at it's WQHD resolution, but if not, it falls back to 1280x720 resolution which is very poor for such a large screen. 

Ewald.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.