Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstat
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have a HP Zbook 15 G3:

8Gb of RAM

500 Gb HDD (Windows 10 Pro Os installed)

500 Gb M.2 SSD

Intel I7-6820HQ 

64-bit OS

I have been having so many problems with this process. I have read countless tutorials on installation, Bios setup, and Dual-booting. I just can't find out why this isn't working. 

My preparations:

Windows installed origanally 

Installed the 64-bit version of Kali linux

created a bootable usb with Rufus (even tried other programs)

Actually booted from the USB and it would load the Kali linux installtion screen

Went through the installation proccess (up to the last screen where it says to take out your installation disk)

This is what I want, I want Kali linux to be on the M.2 SSD and Windows to stay on the HDD. I really don't care about the GRUB bootloader (if i can use it great please say how) as long as I can boot to both OS's in the boot options. Once the installation is installed on the M.2 SSD I can't boot to it, it comes up with a screen that says there isn't an OS on this drive.

This is all done in Legacy mode, my USB won't boot from UEFI mode. I have read articles that have said I need to install Kali on UEFI (or Legacy) mode depending on the other OS, but they have to be on the same boot setting. 

Can anyone help with this. Where did I mess up. Is this just an HP Zbook problem? 

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.