cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jim603
Level 1
14 14 0 1
Message 131 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP and Windows 7 from Microsoft

HP should of giving Us an upgrade to XP  , Vista is the ME Microsoft made a few years ago and Windows 7 is not that much different . different name same old crap . Drivers don't work with hardware , etc . The put it in a different box and resold it again but it is still crap . My next machine will be a Mac , I never thought I would say that but unless another operating system comes out to replace Microsoft's garbage  I will be going that way .

HP doesn't care they will sell you and promise you anything and when it come right down to it it is too bad for you ......

0 Kudos
jvr691
5 5 0 0
Message 132 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I don't know if Mac solves all the problems we are facing now with HP and Windows 7. But I do know that the upgrade from Vista to 7 is awful, at least in my HP Touchsmart 506. I get very often blue screens, weird shutdowns, blinking, etc. I asked for help several times and everything is running the same way. Disappointed and probable next time will try another brand. :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
Blue_Brain
Level 4
93 90 1 11
Message 133 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, it seems that Windows 7 had some issues regarding compatibility/availability of drivers and software/applications, however, it is worth upgrading the OS from Vista to 7, because it is very very much stable, secure and easy to operate. I amnot sure if everybody is aware of all the features that are completely new in Windows 7.

As far as the compatibility/availability of drivers issues are concerned; we all know that the drivers are available, if not thenVista and XP drivers can be installed in compatibility mode. I would recommend you must try it once before you discard it.

0 Kudos
cthogg2004
1 1 0 0
Message 134 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can honestly say that my upgrade from Vista64 to Win7-64 was almost uneventful on my IQ506. The only issue was related to the Microsoft driver for Nvidia display. I was experiencing "flicker" and the aero stuff wasn't working correctly. But, my earlier post on using the Vista64 driver from HP quickly took care of that problem.

Recently, the hard drive (500Gb) failed and had to be replaced out of warranty. I got a new one and used my recovery DVD's to reinstall Vista64 and then did the upgrade to Win7-64. Then I applied the Vista64 Nvidia driver and was all ready to go. Sure, it took several hours to get it all complete, but I'm back to being a happy camper now.

Having been in the PC world since the beginning back in 1981, this was still the easiest recovery I have ever experienced.

0 Kudos
_AZ
1 1 0 0
Message 135 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone successfully upgraded a Pavilion m1070n on Windows 7? I noticed HP doesn't offer drivers for this model for either Vista or 7. I don't want to scrap my investment, and was curious if folks were able to find drivers that work. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
southernboyuk
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 136 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just purchased a quad core I7 1.5TbHD  6Gb RAM desktop. The clear winner for the most poooorly designed pc going, with Windows 7. crashes all the time, ditto for hanging, non responsive keyboard. The HP laptop we have bought does exactly the same, the printer has been sent back as HP wasted so much of our time on what was clearly a software non compatibility  problem.

In fairness I have had response to the desktop issues and follow ups but my point is why do I have to spend literally 100s of hours trying to get my new pc to work when it should work perfectly wellfrom day one !

HP has to ask itself are their computers crap or are they tarnishing their company with crap MS products

A very unhappy customer

0 Kudos
KreanInW9595
2 1 0 0
Message 137 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I plan to buy HP dv6z that comes with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. And I want to add another language for reading and typing (not to change the menu's language - MUI). In shot, I just want to add input language and reading other language.

Is it possible for Windows 7 Home Premium?

0 Kudos
madmilt
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 138 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought an HP computer, model HPE-112Y, with Windows 7 Premium Home installed. Now a good many files and programs are inaccessible to me, even though I am the administrator, with full administrator rights.

I keep getting messages such as "User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver."

How do I solve this?

Milt

0 Kudos
TadNow
1 1 0 0
Message 139 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to purchase a new desktop from HP.  I already own a new upgrade to windows 7 pro.  Can I purchase the tower with 7 home premium and then upgrade?  Will I lose functionabilty of any of the original software or hardware?   I want to use pro so I can run the xp module.\\Thanks . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TimboSliceee
2 1 0 0
Message 140 of 195
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what do i do when my computer boots up and says bootmgr is missing?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation