Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Teacher
76 1 4
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP compaq 8200 Elite SFF desktop memory configuration

HP compaq 8200 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I mix single sided and double sided ram in this model? or rams has to be all either single sided or double sided?

Can I populate the white slots only with identical rams.

has the ram to be of same make or can be of different make but same capacity?

I installed two identical ram 4GB each in the white slots, the PC booted with no problem or error, but after few uses it started to have BSOD blue screen with error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, which was repeating, the only way to overcome this I return to my previuos installed ram,does this mean rams are faulty,or incompatible, or caused windows registry error, or had to be installed in the black slots?

How can I populate 3 X 2GB rams and 1 4GB rams in this model?and will expect best performance as dual channel?

Any help and information is very much appreciated

thank you

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation