cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RaGe_GaMeR
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP compaq Elite 8300 SFF to all

HP Recommended
QV996AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP creators please help me what is the solution that when you start the PC it starts beeps 5 times and stops for 2 or 3 seconds and the again start beeps 5 time and then stops for 2 or 3 seconds and then start beeps 5 times and then beeps stops and the fan start really fast and making noise please tell me what is the solution for this. is there a problem with bios or with board or with processor? please give me a solution i really want my PC back am waiting for your reply

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,329 119,506 19,524 29,844
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has a problem with the memory.

To troubleshoot...

1.  Remove and firmly re-seat all of the memory modules.

If that doesn't fix the problem...

2.  Test each memory module one at a time in the primary (black) memory slot.

Keep testing until you find the one causing the PC to beep 5 times.

Replace that memory module with a good one.

If you have recently installed new memory modules, they may not be compatible if the PC beeps no matter what you do.

0 Kudos
RaGe_GaMeR
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The memories are all fine i checked other memories too but still the problem exist and when i removed all the memories still there were 5 beeps when i turned on the PC. how should i fix this problem

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,329 119,506 19,524 29,844
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to remove everything connected to the PC and press the little yellow clear CMOS botton on the motherboard. 

Press and hold it for about 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work, I would have to say the motherboard has failed and needs to be replaced.

There is a troubleshooting guide which provides all of the troubleshooting steps for clearing the CMOS and troubleshooting the beep codes...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3784892&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01...

0 Kudos
RaGe_GaMeR
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh no the problem is still on so that means i have to buy a new board **bleep** 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation