cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BJ32
Level 2
21 10 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion 20 all in one

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive went out it was a 500 GB SATA  WD 500AAKX   I am trying to replace it with a 1.0TB SATA wd10EZEX it said no hard drive found.  I had Windows 10 64 bits on the old hard drive.  I have it slide in to get good connection I check that first  My old drive had a pass word and new one asking for the pass word.  How would I change the old disk in bios and if so would it accept the new one?  Thank you much for any help or advice  BJ

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@BJ32,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Unable to get the new hard drive working. Is that, correct?

I need few information about the issue. Please help.

• Have you imaged the new hardware using the old hard drive?
  • May I know the password you are referring to?
  • Model number and Windows version on the PC?

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
BJ32
Level 2
21 10 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is a HP pavilion 20 all in one windows 10.   My Grandson gave me the computer and he  had  a password and I never knew how remove it  I tye in the pass work message come up disk failure or can't be found  I try to replace it with a new hard drive I just bought.  I can't get into recovery  it will have message smart check not installed and long DST not installed thank you BJ

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@BJ32,

Thanks for the response.

You either have to get recovery media your grandson, if he has created one or call HP Phone support using the link below and order the same.

Once you get the recovery, run the discs/USB media and it will restore the PC back to factory settings.

But the error indicates that the replaced hard drive also seems to be faulty. Please have the hard drive checked by doing the steps from the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
BJ32
Level 2
21 10 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I check the disk in the DPS self test it passed  I have a USB media  but it still said no boot disk or disk has failed I can't change boot order it try to boot from UEFI IPV4 and 6  REALTEK PCLE FE FAMILY CONTROLLER. I try disable them didn't help.

My hard drive is showing  in the storage  I don't know how get it to boot used the USB. I download the Media from Microsoft save it ISO file then burn it to my USB.

I don't know why the family controller be in the  boot order isn't it a driver in the device manger ?  I should have a device mrg yet. Thank for your help BJ

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,230
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BJ32,

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the time taken to troubleshoot. I understand you have tried all the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Let me go ahead and assist you from here.

Since you have run the test on the Hard drive and it seems to be fine. This clearly is an indication with the software failure. As you are trying to install a retail version, I have a found an HP document which should help you to resolve this issue. Here is the link.

For further assistance, I would suggest you contact Microsoft tech support.

However, If you want you can go ahead and install an OEM version of windows by contacting HP phone support to order a set of recovery media for your PC. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation