cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lions99
Level 10
5,461 5,346 360 997
Message 11 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlbertoHG1, you should be able to contact HP@8004746836. 

If you're outside the US you can find the number here

THX

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
redcard1998
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any chance this limited warranty would be extended to other devices?  I have a Pavilion p6310f that is now freezing up continuously ... replaced the HD, power supply and reset the CMOS.   Recovery disks in hand with system image disks, but are of no use since can't get far enough along to used them ... thinking motherboard is the only thing left ...

Appreciate any advise.  Purchased around 2010, Windows 7 OS.

~ JR

slaf50
Level 2
23 21 0 2
Message 13 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HPE-560z thats having similar issues am I eligible too?

rmalloy1976
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called on this issue because I just had it occurr on my PC (Started about 1 mos ago).

I bought the PC in Nov 2010, HP Came out and said there was an issue in 2012 July and that folks out of warranty would have a year to report.  Then if you read further down they were calculating the year as 1 year added to the 1 year normal warranty for 2yrs which meant I would have had to report by Nov 2012.  When I called in July 2013 after I started to experience the Mother board issue and all my symptoms match what is in the Service Enhancement and My Model is in the range HP told me that I was out of luck that they did not support my machine any longer even though this is a known hardware issue which they showed is a problem on other machines enough to fix it for others.  

Is there any way I can convince HP to do the right thing and fix my machine too?

I called in and they said I could pay for the $99 support and then they can diagnose and then I could pay to have the mother board fixed once they told me what it was.

Am I out of line expecting HP to stand behind the product.

I am a Multiple HP household but this has soured me... I owned Dells for Years previous to this and never had Mother Board issue...

Anyone Else have a similar experience?

slaf50
Level 2
23 21 0 2
Message 15 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No your not out of line. I called HP about 2 weeks ago about my 2 year old computer locking up and not shutting down normal. They told me I was out of luck, also that I could pay 199.00 to have someone come out and diagnose the problem in addition to the cost of repair. Totally not acceptable since the mother board has already been replaced once and the computers only 2 years old . I have more then one HP product but this has soured me also!!

m0untaineer
6 4 0 0
Message 16 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too had this issue.

I called the support number several times for this problem, I also called Best Buy and had to show them the Web Site for the program.

Getting nowhere with support I recovered system and still had the problems of BSOD, restarts, boot but no screen etc.

I called support again they just wanted 400 dollars for new motherboard, even after I explained the program, which he said did not exist. I told him I had an emergency update email from support, but still refused to listen. My blood was boiling at this moment and I was really getting at the point of using some language and racial slurs. He then refused to get me a supervisor, quote"he will only tell you the same thing I am telling you." I was very very unhappy with hp support at this moment.

After about a hour stand off, I asked for another number which he finally gave me. I called it, the answering service gentleman listened to my issue about support member and immediately connected me to a lady who saw all the FLAGS for the motherboard and issued me a case number within seconds and shipped me a box overnight, and now its on its way for a free repair as per the LWSEP by hp support. I do not know who hires the support teams over seas but they need looked into for better customer service or hp will lose valuable customers.

I am satisfied with the final results but support overseas really, really sucks.

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410y PC

Thanks for listening

Vince

georgeintherice
2 1 0 0
Message 17 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When i turned on my HP w2207h desktop, it takes me to the compaq logo screen as usual.
But then it just stays there, like its frozen.
I tried restarting my desktop, but to no avail it didnt work.
i tried turning it on then leaving it there for 30 minutes and it still stays in that screen.
Does this have anything to do with my programs?
My son uses my computer to play games that are safe that uses discs(Warcraft, Starcraft, etc)
But he also plays games on the website(gamepost).
is the website the cause of this problem or the discs?
(by the way, we got the discs from gamestop)
slaf50
Level 2
23 21 0 2
Message 18 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad you had a positive outcome I on the other hand am stuck getting my 2 year old pc repaired for the 2nd time I am not sastified!!!

m0untaineer
6 4 0 0
Message 19 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok friends here is the number I received for the LWSEP at Corp Office, where I got results.

1-650-857-1501

I hope you get better results.

Remeber though I had an E-mail about the program and my computer was on the list.

joestpaul1
Level 2
18 16 1 0
Message 20 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Have a  HP Pavilion p6320y Desktop PC support with the system board M2N78-LA and the computer keeps freezing, as well as it doesn't see hard drive or optical drives in the setup bios?

Is this system board covered under warranty?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation