cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
termite3030
Level 2
29 17 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support Assistant

Pavilion p-6 2120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the lower right hand corner or my screen HP support assistant is available.  I clicked on the assistant and found I had three messages all dealiing with the printer.  There was a yellow triangle over the Assistant icon.   I read and attended to all the messages, but the yellow triangle is still there.  I called HP support for my printer and they indicated that it was a computer problem not a printer problem even though every message dealt with the printer.  Can anyone help me get rid of the yellow triangle.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support Assistant

Hi @termite3030,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help

I understand that you want to get rid of the yellow triangle over the Assistant icon.

When you open the HP Support Assistant, the yellow triangle is next to the Updates or Messages? Open Updates or Messages, and click on the" x" to remove the updates or message. And the yellow triangle should be gone.

Review this document for details: HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
termite3030
Level 2
29 17 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support Assistant

I completed your suggestions the first time I answered the questions.  I deleted the messages and they came back.  I guess I'll have to just  delete the support assistant all together.  I do not know what else to do.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation