cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DunLee
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP viking x99

HP Recommended
Envy 850-160qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have question about HP x99 Viking mobo.

1. does it support Broadwell-E or Xeon Cpu? It does not write on the original HP spec but  it supposed to can be supported by bios update.  Does HP make it?

2. I've read several posts about boost from samsung 960 series Pcie NVME, but still can not ake sure it works on this board

or not.

can anyone share ? 

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,079
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @DunLee, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to upgrade the processor to Xeon and you need to know if the motherboard supports the processor.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

I have checked the specifications of your PC and the system board does not support Xeon CPU.

Please find the list of processor upgrade for your system board.

1. The motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Intel Core i7-5960X (Haswell-E) 3.0 GHz, 8 cores
140 W
Intel Core i7‐5930K (Haswell-E) 3.5 GHz, 6 cores
140 W
Intel Core i7‐5820K (Haswell-E) 3.3 GHz, 6 cores
140 W

2. The system board should support M.2 SDD on your PC. You can upgrade the SSD if the SSD matches the physical dimensions.

Please find the expansion slots on the system board.

PCI-E x16 (GEN3): 2
PCI-E x16 (GEN2): 1
M.2 socket, key A: 1
M.2 socket, key M: 1

Refer the system board specifications for more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation