Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP w1907v monitor not working with after Windows 10 upgrade

HP w1907v/HP Pav. Slim. s3416
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a 2009 HP Pavillion Slimline s3614 and HP w1907v monitor, 4GB RAM. I have updated my operating system to Windows 10 and since the upgrade it has run slowly and after 5-10 mins the screen resolution seems to deteriorate and look fragmented. This is still happening despite checking that the monitor drivers are up to date and dropping to the lowest screen resolution.

I have checked on the HP website and can see there is not a w1907v monitor driver for Windows 10. Is this the problem? Is there any way around this or am I better off going back to Windows 7?

Thanks very much

Rajnikant

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,476 22,131 2,554 8,587
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rajnimorarji, welcome to the forum.

Your best option is to run HP and Windows Updates to see if that helps.  I believe that your problem is the driver.

Here is a guide with the most common solutions for Win 10.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,296 107,477 17,025 26,071
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

It could be a couple of things...

1. Are you sure you have the correct graphics adapter driver installed?

The product specs page for your PC indicates it comes with a GeForce 7100 integrated graphics adapter.

To confirm the correct graphics driver is installed, go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device category.

There you should see the Nvidia GeForce 7100 graphics adapter listed.

If you see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there, let me know and we will try to manually install the latest graphics driver for that adapter.

2. If the monitor driver is installed, you can confirm that by going to the device manager, click to expand the Monitors device category.  There you should see an HP w1907v monitor listed there.

If you see a Generic P&P Monitor listed there, let me know, and we should be able to manually install the W7 monitor driver from the support page as well.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the adapter types and you are right, the GeForce 7100 adapter is not installed and the monitor driver also seems to be incorrect. I have pressed the automatic/check for updates button and it says that it is up to date.

The information listed is:

Adapter Type: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Chip Type: Nvidia

DAC Type: Build 071004.1

Adapter String: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Bios Information: MCP73 - mcp73-81

Also, when I select the Monitor properties the monitor type is "Generic Non-PNP Monitor" rather than mentioning my monitor.  

If you could walk me through how to install the correct drivers that would be fantastic!

Thank you for your help.

Raj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,296 107,477 17,025 26,071
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Raj.

The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the main cause of your problem.

Please post the hardware ID for the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (MBDA).

To find the hardware ID, click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the MBDA window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

We should be able to fix the Monitor properties Generic Non-PNP Monitor without my needing any additional info.

I have zipped up and attached the monitor driver below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the Generic Non-PNP Monitor.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

Once you provide the hardware ID for the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, we should be able to finish this project successfully.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation