Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP2009m

Hello!

I was given the task of cleaning out old computers in our house. My grandfather passed away in 2010 and we brought his HP Pavilion a342n desktop computer home with us. It did not come with a monitor (my uncle took it). We bought a HP2009m monitor as a replacement. I hooked up the monitor to the computer with the blue cord and made sure it was nice and tight. I tried to power on the monitor and nothing happened. What am I missing? All that came with the monitor was the warranty and a CD-ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated asap. I know the warranty expired, but I really need to get this done. Thank you.

~Lisa
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

does any light on the monitor come on

HP Recommended

Nope. 

~Lisa
HP Recommended

if the power cord is iec type make sure its pushed in tight or try and power cable, not vga

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.