Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a newer HP Pavilion Elite with windows 7 and HDMI video output.  I made an HDMI to HDMI connection between my computer and HP 2159m monitor. Why does my HP2159m monitor not automatically detecting HDMI input? I have to manually change the source to HDMI then hit OK on the monitor to start working. Is there anyway where the HDMI default could be set?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI Wsumabat!

What a great question!  I have included a link that gives the steps on how you can make your HDMI connection your default connection within your Windows 7 operating system.

http://goo.gl/sFGYI5

Happytohelp01

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. I tried the link you have provided but I got a message stating that HP can not find the page.
HP Recommended

Hi Wsumabat:

I regret that the link didn't work for you. I'm re-posting the complete link instead of the shortened one.

I hope this one works for you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02013758

Regards,

Happytohelp01

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried everything that was suggested on line but it is so frustrating that nothing worked.  I still get an error window when I turn on my computer -  CHECK YOUR VIDEO CABLE. I have to manually select HDMI input into my HP 2159m monitor every time.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure that you are using a native HDMI cable without adapters. Disconnect any other video cables going to the monitor. Additionally, go into the monitor's menu and go to Source Control and then Default Source and set the default source to HDMI.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, with the same monitor.

I am using a straight HDMI cable from the PC to the monitor. This is the only cable to the monitor. This monitor is not the primary monitor on my system, it is the second monitor. I tried setting it as the primary monitor and that did not help either.

Every time I go to use my PC I have to select the input.

None of the suggestions provided changed this.

I was given this monitor. I don't think I will ever buy an HP monitor. Not impressed by HP.

HP Recommended

Same problem please help us!

HP Recommended

What do you mean native hdmi cable without adapaters? you mean the hdmi cable might be the problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.