cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xatholasian Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPDM 4.6 - Error Code 1068032 - only on t5570e thin clients t510 thin clients unaffected.

This issue started in the HPDM 4.5 SP3.  I started to get error only on the t5570e thin clients.  When imaging anhy t510 with the exact same image it works just fine.

The image being sent, was created on one of the very thin clients that no longer will take that image and gives off the error in 4.5 SP3 of

2014-03-14 12:40:33 Map repository to: Master Repository

2014-03-14 12:40:33 Successfully sent task to the Device Management Gateway

2014-03-14 12:40:36 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.

2014-03-14 12:41:28 Deploy image using repository Master Repository.

2014-03-14 12:41:28 Failed to create file client

2014-03-14 12:41:28 Failed to execute common task.

2014-03-14 12:41:28 ErrorCode: 14031012, Error Detail: Failed to login.

2014-03-14 12:41:28 Failed to execute common task.

2014-03-14 12:41:28 ErrorCode: 14031012, Error Detail: Failed to login.

I have rebuilt the repository, made sure that the Shared Repository worked and communicated and did this with each upgrade as well. As I thought maybe this was some glitch and would be repaired with upgrading to SP4 and eventually 4.6, none of which have worked any better or differently.  Although in 4.6 the error code changed and there was a bit more information in the error, but nothing that pointed to anything but the shared repository and access to it.  Which would make sense if this was happening to the t510's as well, which it is not, they image perfectly just as designed.

The 4.5 SP3 was working very well up this started.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this?  Any ideas of what else to try to help these thin clients take an image?  I have been able to put back on the t5570e's their factory image as well and this doesn't help either.  Is there a hardware factory reset that I can try?

The thin clients are bricks otherwise as they are unimagable.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

I have rolled back to what used to work 4.5 SP3 as it was and still is proven at some of the locations in our enterprise to work very well.  Except for mine and one other location, where this issue has us dead in our tracks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
csteger Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPDM 4.6 - Error Code 1068032 - only on t5570e thin clients t510 thin clients unaffected.

This error is caused by a bad login to your Master Repository. Click Tools-->Repository Management. click on the master repository you setup when you installed DM then edit. Click the "Test" button to see if this is your issue. If it comes back with an error you have a bad login to your FTP or share.

0 Kudos
xatholasian Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did do that, and both the FTP and Shared folder come back as successful.

What I did find out that this issue is also caused by the thin client's BIOS date and time not matching ther HPDM's server date and time. 

This will cause failure that throws and error about the Shared Folder Repository failing to login.  This is because the authentication fails on the server not the HPDM.   I only found this out by going through the event logs for the server and discovered that it was that one small piece that was failing. 

We had similar trouble with desktops and laptops not imaging from the MDT as well and this was their trouble as well which is what promted me to check it out with the thin clients and it was the cause and solution to the issues I have been having with any version of the HPDM.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation