cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gogogasgas
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 21 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HPE h9-1120a Phoenix - water cooling + GPU upgrade potential

I suppose I am looking at getting the most out of a Phoenix/GPU combo that will give it a long life in regards to the most demanding PC games, past and future. Although there may be only a few games that would have the capability to utilise the power the better GPU cards offer, that will no doubt change - and I will be ready...

In regard to video editing, does a GPU's extra RAM (4GB Vs 2GB) have advantages when working with high-res files?

0 Kudos
Sollist
Level 4
103 103 11 36
Message 22 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unfortunately, I only have a cursory understanding of video editing (as opposed to gaming hardware) so thats one area where you would know as much or more than I do : /

I work for HP. - Consumer Notebook and Desktop Expert

Please click the white "Kudos" star to say thanks.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if you found my response helpful.
0 Kudos
gogogasgas
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 23 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Some research on the 'net suggests that more VRAM allows some games to be a played at their higher/est settings allowing more textures (light effects, detail etc.) to be displayed. As you said, the 4GB unit is perhaps not worth the extra $$$ in itself.

However, my (brief) research also suggests Adobe Premiere can access and use up to 4GB of VRAM which would be an asset when I am using the PC for video editing.

Either way, I now know that the EVGA GTX-680 units can be accommodated successfully in the Phoenix.

Your help has been very valuable to me and I am sure there are other HP Phoenix owners out there who have been pondering similar questions. All things considered, the Phoenix has the other elements in place to give a long service without being outmoded over time.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
gogogasgas
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 24 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I forgot - some of the EVGA units mention a backplate - is this needed for the Phoenix?

0 Kudos
Level 10
5,568 5,441 387 899
Message 25 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I understand you have a question regarding the backplate for an EVGA video card.  The backplate in this, based on image results, it looks like this is a plate that would cover the underside of the video card.  I would imagine that something like this is pre-installed on the card itself.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation