Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have three HP ProBook 6570b notebooks I support that are listed in the SECURITY BULLETIN HPSBHF03557 rev. 5.  as affected by the vulnerability. However, the softpaq listed doesn't appear to apply to the model of notebook, even though it is listed, but the release notes do not list the ProBook 6570b. If I check the support page for this model, there are no updates for the ME firmware since Feb 25, 2014.

Can anyone verify if this system is affected by this vulnerability and if so, when there will be a firmware update released.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Probook 6470b may have Vpro (so Intel ME) or not at all. if you have a label near the keyboard with Vpro written on it, you need to update the Intel ME firmware. if it's not Vpro , Intel ME firmware deosn't exist on that model.

link for firmware:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80195.exe

link for file containing information on the package

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80195.cva

bye

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.