Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ScubaSteve_2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Had To Re-install MS Office 2007

Compaq CQ5210F
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP Compaq CQ5210F, win 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit OS.

I had accidently deleted a user account (thats another problem for later) 

I need to know how to get the 25 digit Key code, so i can re-registar it & be able to use it. I drespreatly needs this for my work & cannot afford to go out a buy a new office. I tried calling MS Support & they tried to help, with no luck. They said it's because the MS Office 2007 came pre-installed on it from HP.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

And thanks in advance.    

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dean Dean
Dean
8514 8370 679 3055
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Had To Re-install MS Office 2007

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

I am afraid there is no official way to get the 25 digit code (licence code) for Microsoft Office. This is a licence code that the user/owner needs to keep. I am not familiar with a procedure that vendor like HP to install full edition of Microsoft office on computers that came preinstalled with Office.

What you probably used to have was Microsoft Office trial edition or some demo edition with limited functionality.

Could you elaborated on few things:

- what it was before - where you got this Office from and how it worked before?

- you write "Had To Re-install MS Office 2007" - where you got the installation ISO/media from ?

- please elaborate on that "later thing" about deleting user account - what exactly you did and what caused Office to stop working that now requires licence key - it may be connected to this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation