Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jvargas_FMCorp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Disk Error but Hard Disk fine

I have a HP Ency Phoenix -810-160 that had a dead HD. I got a good deal on a SSD and thus replaced the drive. When I attempted to run the recovery disks, I ran into the issue that I kept getting a Hard Drisk Error blue screen at start up. 

I found it odd so I took the drive and tested it on another computer. No issue. I've now been able to install windows 8.1 back on it and even upgraded it to Windows 10 before the deadline but I still get the blue sceen error. 

All tests pass for both memory and the hard disk. System also runs fine with the exception that when I start up the computer there is a massive delay, then I get the Hard Disk Error, If I just F2 kit and then close and continue, the system finishes to start up. 

I think I may be having a firmware issue but HP Assist is installed and all updates are suposed to be running. 

Anyone outthere running into a similar issue? I feel like I'm having a false positive since I went up to a Solid State Drive. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45783 4330 11010
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How much capacity, in GB, does the SSD have?

Less than 256GB is unlikely to work with the recovery media.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
jvargas_FMCorp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's a Patriot 120GB SSD. Considering how compact the Recovery media files are I find it odd tha **bleep** wouldn't run. I do, however, already have a fullt functional OS and all runnin on the drive and it's fully updated which is why I'm finding it peculiar it still gives me a hard disk error even though all else checks out. With the full install, all the software I wanted to put back on there and all aupdates I still have over 80GB left. I am refurbishing this PC for general admin stuff. Nothing overly consumptive so I didn't bother with too large a drive. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation