Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zooz22 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Drive for HP ultra slim 7800

CD7800 USDT
Microsoft Windows Vista

I wondered if anybody knows what brand of hard drive fits the little ultra slim CD7800 HP desktop PC?

Any idea exact spefication on brand that fits.  I am talking about after you install, the operation system (to be a Windows) recognizes the hard drive.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103337 93889 14423 22170
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the quickspecs at the link below (page 13), your PC uses a 2.5" notebook hard drive.

http://www.bbt.si/modules/uploader/uploads/s_product/file/hp-dc7800_copy2.pdf

I highly recommend you get a SATA II hard drive and not a SATA III one because your PC may have drive controller issues if you install a SATA III hard drive as referenced in this document below.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3718645&docId=emr_na-c02711513&lang=en&c...

I have the dc7800 CMT and when I replaced the SATA II hard drive with a SATA III one, my PC had the 1st 2 symptoms listed in the support document.

0 Kudos
Zooz22 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I could not return your email   since I had ordered a new hard drive and was waitng for receiving it. I installed a new one and it worked  fine. Your guidance was helpful. Jim

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103337 93889 14423 22170
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad a different HDD worked for you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation