cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
imeteam Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardrive memory ??

i bought an hp computer at walmart that had about 300 gb memory, then i had some problems with windows vista so i bought windows 7 and installed it. after the install it now says that my hardrive space is only 48.8 gb  big.

so i was wondering if half of my HDD could be corrupted during the wondows 7 install .

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,892 16,584
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardrive memory ??

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Computer Management, open Storage and open Disk Management.  You should see your main Windows 7 ( C Partition ) and you will possibly see another partition labelled SystemDo not delete either of these.  If you see any other Partitions listed here, follow the guide on the link below to delete these partitions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2668-partition-volume-delete.html

Once you have Unallocated space, follow the guide on the following link to extend your Windows 7 C Partition into this unallocated space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2670-partition-volume-extend.html

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation