Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BarbOms Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hate Windows 8! How do I go to a previous?

Just got an HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One PC and it came with Windows 8. I absolutely hate Windows 8!!!!! It is way too cumbersome, I can't find anything, and I do not have time to sit around and try to figure it out. I want my old, useable Windows back (with tabs in my internet, "x" to close something, "-" to minimize, the ability to search my computer from the Start menu, all the stuff I am comfortable with).

- How do I get rid of Windows 8 and revert to a previous, user-friendly version (like Windows 7)?

- Is there any reason I should not do this?

Please note that I am an old fahrt, not keen on computer use or lingo, and not at all interested in relearning what little computer stuff I have mastered!

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45007 4223 10676
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

It can be done. You will need to purchase a Windows 7 OS install DVD with license. You can find all of the drivers for Windows 7 here. Download them seperately and put them on a usb flash drive.

It would be simpler to purachse a desktop PC with Windows 7 already installed.

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
BarbOms Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Thanks very much. If I had known how bad Windows 8 is, I would have bought the PC with Windows 7...even the Windows 8 tutorial is way too cumbersome. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations (too bad the ones who made it so horrible aren't the ones reading this).

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation