cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
morninglow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Have to wait for power light on monitor to turn purple.

HP Recommended
W2371d Monitor
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

When my monitor goes to sleep the powere light turns white.  Before I can take the monitor out of sleep mode I have to tap my keyboard and wait until the power light on the monitor turns purple, then I can start using my computer.  The light was always purple until recently.  Don't know what happened.

How can I get the power light to stay purple?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@morninglow,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance on your monitor going to sleep mode and waking up from there. Did I get it, right?

That’s just the way the monitors are designed. The only reason for the delay about the wake up could be the display drivers on the PC.

But that’s not an issue. Sometimes the updates will be advanced as against the hardware, to which the PC takes some time to analyze and act.

If this you still need any solution, you may try updating your PC and check if that solves the issue.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
morninglow
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're saying that's the way monitors are designed, but what I'm saying is it wasn't like that.  The power light on my monitor was always purple.  As soon as i tapped any key on my keypad my computer would open right up and all I had to do was type in my pin.  Now the light on the monitor is white and when I tap the keypad I have to wait until the power light turns purple before I can type in my pin.  So, that's what I'm confused about.  My operating system on my Mac is Sierra V10.12.2.  Does that make a difference.

OK., all that being said, if you're still telling me "that's the way it is", then I'll have to accept that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@morninglow,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t mean to state that you have to accept the way the monitor works.

I believe the issue might be due to the sleep settings on your Mac PC.

I request you to try the link below and check if the settings are correct.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT201714

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation