Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheMrSmajicster Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack.

HP Envy 700-375d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there, I've so I think there must be a problem with my headphone jack, for some reason when I connect my headphone to the jack, I can always only hear on one side of the headphone. I can only hear on both sides when I apply some force to the jack, pushing it to the left and I would have to hold it to that position to get it working properly. I forgot since when I had this problem, but it has been like this for quite some time. and when I plug in the same set of headphones to my phone, it works just fine. I've tried this with 3 different headphones and a pair earphones and the problem still persists, so I'm assuiming it is the jack port that is faulty. I've been okay with having this problem because I would always usually just plug in both headphone and audio jacks in the cpu and insert a pen in between both the jacks, having the headphone jack pushed to the left all the time and making it always work.

But just recenly I bought an external kareoke microphone which I planned on using to beatbox with, and when I record and playback, I can only hear from the left side of my headphone. Kinda ticks me off because I've spent a lot of money on my headphones, microphone and microphone jack converter but I still can't get the best out of my products. Plus, I would always switch from speakers to headphones, depending on whether I'm listening to music or gaming. What should I do? :/

(Sorry if I've sent any irrelevant information or my English is bad) 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack.

Hi @TheMrSmajicster,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the audio jack. I will be glad to help you.

Sound like you did good trouble shooting. Just to make sure you are plugging into the green one on the right and above the pink?. Not the three on the left , ornge, blown and grey?

if in to green one, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation