Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sara_onida Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones and speakers working at the same time

Sleekbook HP Pavilion 15-b105e
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

from a few days I've a problem with audio devices: 

when I connect any headphones to the jack on the left side of the laptop, the sound keeps going out from the  speakers.

So, I can hear from headphones and speakers in the same time.

I tried everything:

update all drivers, uninstall and reinstall them, uninstal and reinstall DOLBY ADVANCED AUDIO v2 program (which is supposed to control audio on the pc), update IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (I think this is the sound card?).

Nothing worked.

I have two  devices available in "Audio" window: 

"Speakers / headphones" and "Headphiones communications" (I'm translating from italian Windows OS).

Selecting the first, speakers and headphones work simultaneously. 

Selecting the second, no sound comes, neither from speakers or headphones.

I think I tried everything.

What to do? I don't even know why this problem occurred!

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1440
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @sara_onida – Hope you are well :)

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are having issues with the sound on your Pavilion notebook. I will certainly try my best to help you with this issue :)

Let's try using the generic audio drivers to try and fix the issue with the audio. Follow the steps below:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “IDT high definition audio CODEC” / “Realtek audio CODEC” and select “Update driver software” (Depends on the audio driver brand)
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not IDT High Def... or Realtek High def…  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
sara_onida Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi DVortes,

thank you for the answer and the help.

Actually, I did now what you suggested me... And the situation got worst!

Now headphones completely don't work!

Before, the device in Audio was called "Speakers / headphones": now it's called only "Speakers". When I try to play any sound, from headphones nothing comes, but the speakers work normally.

What can I do?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1440
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @sara_onida,

Appreciate your efforts & I certainly do not want to make the situation worse :)

Please try the steps below and check:

• Go to Control Panel - Click on Hardware and Sound - Click on Sound.
  • Now your devices should come up: Speakers, Digital Audio, and Headphones.
  • Plug your headphones into the jack.
  • Then select headphones. At the bottom, it will say set as default - select that!
  • When you disconnect your headphones it automatically switches to the speakers and when you plug them back in it automatically will switch to headphones!! 

That should do the trick. I'll watch for your reply!

Good luck :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
sara_onida Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, but the situation after I followed the first comment is that:

Immagine.png

No "Headphones".  no "Speakers / Headphones" anymore.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1440
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @sara_onida,

Thanks for the screenshot. 

Try the steps below:

1. Go to Device manager as explained in the above message.
  2. Expand the sound / audio.
  3. Right-click and uninstall all drivers listed under the sound.
  4. Make sure you check the box which says "Delete the driver software".
  5. Once all the audio driver entries are removed / uninstalled, restart your computer.
  6. Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59802.exe and install the drivers.

Restart the computer and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers :)

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation