Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-a60
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop would not turn on when pressing the power button.  Tried a few times and then could hear the fan running very loudly, but still nothing.   Unplugged all cords and took offside panel, cleaned out with compressed air.  Placed side panel back on, pressed power button for 30 secs.  I now can hear it come on very quietly almost like a whisper now that it's cleaned out.  I can see green light on (assuming PSU light) inside case through vent.  Front of PC still doesn't illuminate when power is pressed.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MsZee

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but we are not HP Tech Support; instead, this is just a community self-help forum staffed by vounteers. We have no way of diagnosing or repairing your PC from here. All we can do is provide links to troubleshooting steps that HP has written, and links to HP drivers.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:  http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&section=ccweb&as=true&SFS=tdoc

If those links don't diagnose or fix the problem, and your PC is still under the original HP one-year warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

If your PC is no longer under the original warranty, you can still contact HP Customer Support, but they will charge you a fee to put you in touch with HP Technical Support.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

If you don't wish to pay to talk to HP Technical Support, your only recourse is to take the PC into an HP Service Center and have them look at it.

Here is a link with information on HP Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi! I understand this is a forum and not HP techs.  I was just trying to see if anyone had experienced the same issues with their PC, and found some sort of solution whether it was buy a new one or some sort of simple fix.  Thanks again for the info.

HP Recommended
MsZee, did you ever figure out what was wrong? Having the same issue.
HP Recommended

I wish...just tested the monitor yesterday it was fine.  Not sure what else to do.  Nothing has worked thus far.

HP Recommended

I had our I.T. department check out my computer and everything is pointing to the motherboard.  It's actually cheaper to buy a refurbished machine and take the motherboard from that, or add all of the upgrades from the broken machine to the refurbished one.  Good Times...

HP Recommended

I've actually been thinking about that.

HP Recommended

I.T. guy bought a refurbished Z800 for $350 and a motherboard for another Z800 for $145.  I'll let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended

Please do, as this is the pc my kids use. I just bought this 2 years ago.

HP Recommended

Oh wow.  I have been using mine since 2010.  It has been an awesome computer, never a problem, until last Thursday.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.