cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
REMEMBERINGS-PC Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. I currently have the HP-IQ770 and want to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB and the hard drive

Can I upgrade my HP IQ770 RAM from 4GB to 8GB and the hard drive from 2TB to 3TB? Also, My son has the same computer and his monitor isn't working. It's constantly black. What could be the problem and is it repairable?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. I currently have the HP-IQ770 and want to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB and the hard drive

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! Smiley Happy

@REMEMBERINGS-PC wrote:

Can I upgrade my HP IQ770 RAM from 4GB to 8GB and the hard drive from 2TB to 3TB? Also, My son has the same computer and his monitor isn't working. It's constantly black. What could be the problem and is it repairable?

Post the issue with the other PC as a seperate thread please.

Here is a link to the web support portal for the TouchSmart IQ770 PC.  Here are instructions and specifications for adding memory and specifically what type of memory will work. Only purchase guaranteed compatible memory from major memory makers. Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 4 GB (2 x 2 GB)

Kind regards,
erico

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation