Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NavyGator Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I disable the touchpad on HP Envy 17 TouchSmart running Windows 10?

HP Envy 17 (17-j140us)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I disable the touchpad on HP Envy 17 TouchSmart running Windows 10?  Please only provide instructions that work for this model: 17-j140us.  Thanks!

1 REPLY
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
681 37 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I disable the touchpad on HP Envy 17 TouchSmart running Windows 10?

To help you disable the touchpad on HP Envy 17 Touch Smart, please follow the steps as mentioned below:
-From the Start screen, type personalize to open the Search charm, and select 'Personalize your computer' from the search results.
-In the Personalization window, click the 'Change mouse pointers' link to open Mouse Properties.
-Now the Mouse Properties screen opens.
-Click the 'Device Settings' tab of the 'Mouse Properties' screen, and then click the 'Disable' button to turn off the Touchpad.

Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation