Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,719 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I find the cookies file on a Windows 7 PC?

Looking for the cookies file that are on my Windows 7 desk top computer. 

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I find the cookies file on a Windows 7 PC?

CasZyg wrote:

Cookies are kept by browsers. Each browser has it's own manner of keeping and deleting browser history and the cookies that most websites place on your PC. I will show where deletion of the cookie files can be done in Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.  All other browsers have similar means of cookie deletion.

Google ChromeChrome.GIF

Firefox4. In the upper left hand corner dropdown find Options.

Firefox4.GIF

Interner Explorer 8

IE8.GIF

Clear the temp folder by typing %temp% in the Start Search Programs and files box and pressing enter. Delete every file in the temp folder that you can. You may not be able to delete them all.

That is how it is done.   

Best regards,
erico

View solution in context
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (5,684 Views)

[ Edited ]

CasZyg wrote:

Cookies are kept by browsers. Each browser has it's own manner of keeping and deleting browser history and the cookies that most websites place on your PC. I will show where deletion of the cookie files can be done in Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.  All other browsers have similar means of cookie deletion.

Google ChromeChrome.GIF

Firefox4. In the upper left hand corner dropdown find Options.

Firefox4.GIF

Interner Explorer 8

IE8.GIF

Clear the temp folder by typing %temp% in the Start Search Programs and files box and pressing enter. Delete every file in the temp folder that you can. You may not be able to delete them all.

That is how it is done.   

Best regards,
erico

Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up .

If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (4,927 Views)

I found this to somewhat useful,thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation