cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LoyGramps
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How do I get new Graphics Driver for HP Envy 23se-d394 Touchsmart

HP Recommended
HP Envy 23se-d394 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to update my Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I've learned recently that I need to update above Intel driver system.  Another software company gave me the link to the new Intel Driver, but on trying to install I get the message ....The Driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate upgrade driver from the computer manufacturer....

So I need to know where can I download the driver I need? ASAP! Thanks so much.

Loy Banks

PS: The driver I downloaded from Intel referenced above that would not install was file Win64-154028.4501

Loy Banks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @LoyGramps,

Good day .and thank you for choosing the HP community. ! 🙂 It is a great location to find resolutions.

I reviewed the post about getting drivers for your intel graphics card. I’ll be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly and performed great analysis of the situation before posting the query on HP forums.

Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. 🙂

Please visit this link to download the driver: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Intel-HD-graphics-4600-64-bit-Windows-...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
LoyGramps
Author
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks my friend. But I'm getting the same message with this file as above. I've attached a copy of the message. 

These are .exe files not .zip if that makes any difference.

So still need help. Many thanks.

Loy BanksHP-Driver-Problem-2017-01-21_16-47-35.png

Loy Banks
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  Another software company gave me the link to the new Intel Driver,

Unfortunately, there are software companies that promote your alleged "need" to "update device drivers", usually charging you a fee to do the update.

They do this by comparing the currently-installed version (as supplied by HP, with their specific modifications) of a device-driver to the generic "reference" version of the device-driver (as supplied by the manufacturer, without any HP-specific modifications).  If they determine that the "reference" version is "newer", you will be advised to update.

> but on trying to install I get the message ....The Driver being installed is not validated for this computer.

Correct -- that "generic" version has not been updated by HP to be valid for your computer.

Are you having any problems with your current device-drivers?  If not, don't make any changes.

The only correct ways to get HP-approved updates to device-drivers for your HP computer are:

* run Windows Update, let it scan your computer, and look for "optional" updates that are offered;

* run the HP Support Assistant, that can identify & download & install the HP-specific version of the device-driver.

P.S. If you installed any "driver updater" software, I recommend that you "uninstall" it.

0 Kudos
LoyGramps
Author
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. After all the aggravation trying to get my machine to show Videos once again, I finally decided enough is enough.

So sincerest thanks to all who have tried to solve the problem. I;m finally back in business with videos. 🙂

Loy Banks
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation