cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jwhite36769 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do you delete apps in windows 8

Just purchased HP Pavilion 15 with windows 8.  Several apps I don't want or need show up.  How do I eliminate them or hide them?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
35 33 1 6
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Find the app you wish to delete and right click on it. After you click, the app will have a small tick in the corner.

Installed apps should have a 'tile' on the Start Screen but if the app isn't there then use Search in the Charms Bar to find it.

Once you've selected the app you wish to delete, an options bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Choose the Uninstall option and then click the second Uninstall button when you are prompted.

You've now deleted the app by uninstalling it from your PC

Regards,
King_Yeshu
I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Boamaa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well ba there's option bar at the bottom
0 Kudos
Boamaa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no option bar at the bottom
0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
29,934 27,539 1,807 5,033
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you mean the option bar as shown in the below image?

Windows 8 uninstall.jpg

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
macmccord Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

trying to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 81 - asked me to uninstall MacAfee app.how do I do so?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation