cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
snails168
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How reinstall OS on new hard drive?

AU992AA-ABL E9262F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an error message when Windows boots that I have imminent hard drive failure.

I purchased a new HD and I am trying to do a fresh install of OS onto the new hard drive.

I made a rescue USD (Windows 10) and tried to use that but I get an install fail.

I have also used the HP recovery disc and Windows repair discs (Windows 7) that I made when I first got my computer.

That also fails to install.

What else can I do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 40
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @snails168,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  I read your post about not being able to install an OS on your new hard drive for the Pavilion Elite e9262f Desktop and wanted to reach out to you.

You mentioned that the installation was failing, was it giving you a specific error message or code? Have you already configured the new drive in the BIOS?

You can attempt to follow the directions in the document for Recovering the System after the Hard Drive is Replaced if you are wanting to install from the Windows 7 recovery media or you can create new Windows 10 recovery media from Microsoft.

Please get back to me how this goes. If you wish to say Thanks for my effort to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Jay_101
Level 7
750 736 67 131
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

What operating system do you want?

Factory- Win 7, or Win 10?

You need to go here and download and run the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to prepare a Win 10 installation DVD or USB stick.

You need the HP Recovery disc set, (3 to 4 DVD's) to reinstall the HP Win 7 factory image.

It appears there are no HP recovery discs available for purchase at your PC's Win 7 support site.

Restore Disks has HP recovery discs for your PC if your product number is: Pavilion Elite e9262f.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation