cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
felipemaca
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to Lock Fn key on New HP Wave

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion wave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello just got the New Hp pavilion wave but the F1 to F 12 key are preseted to todo what ever it has on it. and for excel specially i have to press Fn and the everytime making me loose time 

who has  asolution 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,634 24,286 2,835 10,374
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@felipemaca, welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the Wave, but you can try my suggestion.  I believe that you can go into the BIOS by tapping F10 while the computer is booting.  Then, look for an entry Action Key Mode.  It will either be Enabled or Disabled depending on how it is set.  I believe that you would want it set to Enabled.  This should allow you to use the F keys without pressing Fn.  If not, set it to Disabled.  When you have made the change press F10 to exit and save the changes.

When in the BIOS be extremely carefull not to change any setting other that the one the you want to change.  You can render your compute un-bootable. 

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
felipemaca
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No is not in the bios already did that. And dosen show any actove keys. The original keyboardb of the ewave dosent even bring a rigth click button so ots al differente feels like a mac
0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,634 24,286 2,835 10,374
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish that I could help you, but I can't find any information on locking the Fn key.  If it were me, I would go through the settings in the Control Panel to see if you can find something.  It may be in the Windows Mobility Center.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
gents
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no BIOS setting in Wave about Fn key.

Japanese support center told me that Fn key setting does not depends on BIOS setting but keyboard Driver setting.

But HP keyboard driver has no setting  about Fn key.

Support said they can't help just now (but they will  be  able to help in the future)

So all you have to do now is using other keyborard made by other maker.

I use WINTEN bluetooth keyboard. It work.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation