Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
F7P43PA#UUF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
How can i remove or reset my password....i put it in my storage and forget my password...I was gonna give this to my child but....we can't open the laptop and suddenly lockup this is not Bios Problem...Hope anyone help me...
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Carl

You will have to reinstall Windows 7 if you did not create a password hint or record the password for future reference.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi mdklaseen! Yep, Ubuntu is as big as about 1.5Gb, because it comes with tons of system repair tools.

HP Recommended

You're really funny!:smileytongue:

HP Recommended

Here is the offical viewpoint from the Community Manager.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-help...

Any other suggestions to hack the system would be a violation.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

If you take the laptop to a notebook or PC store that has access to the Microsoft MSDaRT ERD Commander LockSmith utility, then resetting the password will take just moments.

Call in advance to see if they have it. If someone in the shop doesn't have it, then the shop is not worth ever taking a notebook or PC to. They will waste your valuable time without having this handy backdoor utility created by Microsoft for its own Windows operating systems. That is my own opinion.

MSDaRT (Microsoft  Diagnostic and Recovery Tool) is a utility that is available to anyone with an MSDN subscription.

The versions that work with Windows 7 are MSDaRT 6.0,6.5 and 7.  I have the following versions stored to use to help my friends and family.

MSDaRT versions.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello

I am in agreement with wb2001.

What if this device has been obtained illegally?

Why provide assistance to a potential criminal act?

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.