cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to disable on board speakers and use only sound devices connected via audio out?

ENVY 23-d260qd TouchSmart All-
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to disable the built in speakers on this system and direct all sound out to just the externally connected sound device. How would I do this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,361 81,254 10,141 21,792
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to disable on board speakers and use only sound devices connected via audio out?

Hi,

Please try

(a) Right click speaker icon,

(b) Select Playback devices,

you can see 2 or 3 on ths list

(c) Right click internal speakers and Disable

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think this is the solution...

I want the external speakers that are connected to the audio out port exclusive of the internal speakers.

Disabling the speaker selection (only one) shuts off the internal and externally connected speakers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue as well.  Anyone with a solution?  There is no way for my internal speakers to mute without everything being silenced.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation