cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 21 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to install Recipe Box

@Roblotus wrote:

Hi, I am 99% there with the instructions!  I think I followed them correctly but also had a problem at step 11 when registering the xml.  I followed the manual steps which appeared to work ok.  When I re-launched touchsmart, sadly the recipe app was not there.  Strange thing is that when I logged off and onto another admin account, the app was there in touchsmart!  Any clues where to look to get this visible in all accounts?

You deserve a big tick at number 14 for all your help so far in this post!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Not exactly sure why this happened, but you could try clicking "Personalize" button in touchsmart UI, click "Create Tile" and see if the "HP Touchsmart Program" is active, if it is then click on it and see if the Recipe Box app is listed there.

Also, make sure the account that is missing the Recipe Box app, see if it has the permissions under

"C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\SmartCenter 2.0\DefaultAppSettings"

You can also reset all the tiles using the smartcenter command as a last resort..

smartcenter deleteconfig

This will revert all your tiles to the factory default state on the next start of the HP TouchSmart software. Note that in doing the above you'll lose any tiles you've added or modified.

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
Roblotus Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 22 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

:generic: Thanks Jim, had to use the last resort option but it worked!  I am really enjoying the touchsmart experience.

Thanks again

Rob

0 Kudos
TMW-30 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 23 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello - I too have been trying to install recipe box on a touchsmart machine - the IQ816.  I have been following all instructions and have gotten to the part where I know the data is in the folder but I can't see the tile.  So, I went to create a tile but HP Touchsmart Program is not active.  I am also missing a game tile that I had before upgrading to OS 7.  Not sure how to get these tiles visible.  Can you assist?

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
596 539 31 56
Message 24 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

make sure the xml file exists in step 11 and after you run the registersmartcenterapp command that it is is successful..

you can also try run the deleteconfig command which will reset the smartcenter config to default as mentioned in previous post:

smartcenter deleteconfig

And don't forget to kudo! :OpenSmile:

@TMW-30 wrote:

Hello - I too have been trying to install recipe box on a touchsmart machine - the IQ816.  I have been following all instructions and have gotten to the part where I know the data is in the folder but I can't see the tile.  So, I went to create a tile but HP Touchsmart Program is not active.  I am also missing a game tile that I had before upgrading to OS 7.  Not sure how to get these tiles visible.  Can you assist?

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
TMW-30 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 25 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Jim - thanks.  I have been able to get the tiles but the program didn't work.  I ran through all of the steps again and the registration has not been successful.  I also tried the deleteconfig approach but the program still doesn't work.  Any other thoughts?  Also, I am new to this - how do I kudo??

0 Kudos
TMW-30 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello - I was able to get a successful message after running registersmartcenterapp.  Still when I try to open the app in TS, nothing happens...what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
braunski Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Jim,

I have the same issue with the command prompt, it won't register the product.   I see the recipe box app in my program files and i was able to follow all the steps up to this point.   I have the IQ815 model.  I noticed that I don't have the ProgramData file under the C:....   Can you help me out?   Thanks again!

0 Kudos
dougozzy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The ProgramData folder is hidden.  You can get to it and TEMP by right clicking the START button, select Open Windows Explorer.  In the address at the top, type:   C:\ProgramData\    or C:\TEMP\  

0 Kudos
dougozzy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 29 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I completed all the steps and the files are in the correct folders.  But the Register didn't work, I got the same message as the previous person got.  I copied the .xml file into the correct folder as instructed.  I've restarted my computer, etc, but the Recipe Box just does not appear any where.

What next?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
dougozzy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 30 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I gave up.  Then it suddenly appeared and is working fine.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation